Solved! my laptop is acting weird

Diamond2532

Prominent
Mar 19, 2017
My laptop (Acer aspire) keeps shutting off when i play Roblox.But as soon as i put my laptop on a shoe box,it works fine with no shutdowns???Help i dont want to have to play roblox on a cardboard box

Solution
Sounds like it may be overheating. Have you tried checking the temps when you are using it to see if they are hight? I would bet they are and the game is causing it to happen more.

If this is the case, first I would check if it is still under warranty. If it is, then contact the manufacture.

Should it no longer be under warranty, then you have the option of doing this yourself, or taking it to someone who can. First, open it up and clean out any dust and debris. From everything. If that doesn't do it, then I would try replacing the thermal paste. If that still doesn't do it, you may need to replace the fan(s).

But first start with checking the temps to be sure. You don't want to let it keep overheating as that can fry hardware. There...
Sounds like it may be overheating. Have you tried checking the temps when you are using it to see if they are hight? I would bet they are and the game is causing it to happen more.

If this is the case, first I would check if it is still under warranty. If it is, then contact the manufacture.

Should it no longer be under warranty, then you have the option of doing this yourself, or taking it to someone who can. First, open it up and clean out any dust and debris. From everything. If that doesn't do it, then I would try replacing the thermal paste. If that still doesn't do it, you may need to replace the fan(s).

But first start with checking the temps to be sure. You don't want to let it keep overheating as that can fry hardware. There are a few software programs you can install to check the temps.

Solution

Diamond2532

Prominent
Mar 19, 2017

I downloaded a program called SpeedFan,and set it to beep when my proccessor's cores go over 80°,and the gpu over 95°.I then started roblox and after 30 seconds it started beeping,and after a minute it was beeping every second.Does this mean my laptop is overheating or are these normal temps?