my laptop is at its worst condition. help.

jesslyn

Estimable
Jun 18, 2015
so after i fully charged my laptop i unplug it
i played it and just about 30 seconds later i saw the battery
it was 84% with 14 mins left
asap i went to take adapters
about 2 mins later my laptop dead
i had to charge it everyday everytime
is it bad to charge everytime?
plus my laptop is always hot only on left side!
i've tried the laptop cooler but it still hot even for hours
i already suggest my parents to buy a new battery
but they say it still usable so why buy another one
i tried to explain but they dont want to listen
can anyone suggest me how to fix this problem?

Solution
Hey there, Jesslyn.

It really sounds like the battery is no good anymore. Sometimes you get an indicator in the lower right corner of your desktop with a message similar to "please consider changing your battery" and sometimes you don't, but that doesn't mean that everything's running OK. Unfortunately the solution in your case would be a new battery and you'd have to either convince your parents that this is necessary or use your laptop connected with a charger all the time.
About your laptop getting a bit hotter on one side - it's normal for this to happen unless it overheats, perhaps the CPU and the HDD are on the left side and that's why it feels hotter there. Note that it's recommended that you do a cleanup of your laptop once...

tschuyler

Estimable
Jun 4, 2015
Use a can of compressed air to blow any potential dust out of the fan. Make sure the laptop is off when you do this.

The battery needs to be replaced, bottom line.

What kind of Laptop do you have? Brand, model?

Boogieman_WD

Estimable
Jul 31, 2014
Hey there, Jesslyn.

It really sounds like the battery is no good anymore. Sometimes you get an indicator in the lower right corner of your desktop with a message similar to "please consider changing your battery" and sometimes you don't, but that doesn't mean that everything's running OK. Unfortunately the solution in your case would be a new battery and you'd have to either convince your parents that this is necessary or use your laptop connected with a charger all the time.
About your laptop getting a bit hotter on one side - it's normal for this to happen unless it overheats, perhaps the CPU and the HDD are on the left side and that's why it feels hotter there. Note that it's recommended that you do a cleanup of your laptop once every 6-12 months (if you can't do it yourself - take it to a service shop). Heat is one major factor which causes your battery to wear out a lot faster than it should.

edit: Seems like you've received a similar answer while I was typing.

Hope that helps.
Boogieman_WD

Solution

jesslyn

Estimable
Jun 18, 2015

i use acer aspire 4732z my parents dont allow me to change a new battery..

tschuyler

Estimable
Jun 4, 2015
In that case, the only option is to use the laptop on the power cable all the time. As stated before, blow the fan out with a can of air, and make sure it is actually spinning to cool the CPU.