Solved! My laptop ran out of battery now it wont charge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Try the following and see if it will turn on.

1. Unplug your charger cord.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds and see if the device will turn on.
4. If it does, great, if not yet, no big deal. Now plug back in the power/charger cord. (If it didn't turn on without the cord in, it should turn on once you it is in. Yes sometimes they will turn on, or try to turn on, even with nothing attached/plugged in.)
5. Now put the battery back in.

Now see if the batter will charge.

If that doesn't help, try charging the battery with the laptop off. If it will charge when it is off, but not when it is on, then the problem isn't the battery but your charger cord. There is no fix for that, it would just have to...

Patrice_2

Commendable
Jan 5, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Patrice_2 : "Laptop wont charge"

My asus laptop died cause battery was empty now it wont charge i just bought a new charger

Try the following and see if it will turn on.

1. Unplug your charger cord.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds and see if the device will turn on.
4. If it does, great, if not yet, no big deal. Now plug back in the power/charger cord. (If it didn't turn on without the cord in, it should turn on once you it is in. Yes sometimes they will turn on, or try to turn on, even with nothing attached/plugged in.)
5. Now put the battery back in.

Now see if the batter will charge.

If that doesn't help, try charging the battery with the laptop off. If it will charge when it is off, but not when it is on, then the problem isn't the battery but your charger cord. There is no fix for that, it would just have to be replaced.

Solution

Patrice_2

Commendable
Jan 5, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Patrice_2 : "Damaged port that connect charger"

Thankyou for the reply i think it is the port were the charger goes i have left it wth a repair man

Status
Not open for further replies.