Question My laptop uses integrated graphics on games

Feb 19, 2021
I just bought a "gaming" laptop, it has an 8th gen i5 and a gtx 1050. But for some reason it uses the integrated graphics for everything. as its my first laptop ever (always had desktops) i dont understand why this might happen.
ps: when i go into nvidea panel only 3 tabs appear and the display settings show intel graphics instead of gtx 1050.
Hope someone can explain/help me fix if needed.
Cheers

I suggest you go to the graphics card vendor's web site and download the install program for that card. That should install the driver(s) and any related control app. It's also possible that the graphics card is not working due to a hardware failure. Did you buy the machine new (? 8th gen processor?)? If so, it should have already been set up properly.

Feb 19, 2021
I suggest you go to the graphics card vendor's web site and download the install program for that card. That should install the driver(s) and any related control app. It's also possible that the graphics card is not working due to a hardware failure. Did you buy the machine new (? 8th gen processor?)? If so, it should have already been set up properly.
I did install all the correct drivers. But i dont know why the laptop uses integrated graphics instead of the dedicated one. Im installing other games to check if its just because of the games i played so far.
It says the internal display is connected to the intel graphics aswell, i dont know what thats about.

Feb 19, 2021
I figured it out, because i always used desktops i missed a key setting on the graphics card settings... I know, really dumb.
Sorry if i bothered you or anyone else but i figured it out ! Thanks for the help either way.