My laptop won't charge

AidanJeeves

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013
My laptop to start is an advent quantum Q200.
For a while I aimed to fix my laptop by purchasing a new laptop battery and a new charger itself, none of these worked.
Today I decided to see if anyone could suggest or knows any way to fix this as having a laptop that works aswell as my pc would be very useful, thanks.
I believe it has something to do with the charger port.

Solution
Hi
In most of cases the socket connector for the power adapter is mechanically damaged due to use.
The Vendor`s Service is not able to offer anything but Motherboard replacemont.
Any Laptop Service Center can try to change the socket connector oly but it`s 50/50 chance they will find the same one to replace.
And also is not 100% sure that this is the problem.
There are Electrical Micro Cirquit behind this socket connector and it`s controlling the Power Adapter input and Battery charging.
Some case they fail at all and no usage and no power ON at all.
Some cases they could use only adaptor or only battery and Power ON is OK ...... but with this limitation .....
So in simple words i think you need Service !

Nikolay Savov

Honorable
Apr 9, 2013
Hi
In most of cases the socket connector for the power adapter is mechanically damaged due to use.
The Vendor`s Service is not able to offer anything but Motherboard replacemont.
Any Laptop Service Center can try to change the socket connector oly but it`s 50/50 chance they will find the same one to replace.
And also is not 100% sure that this is the problem.
There are Electrical Micro Cirquit behind this socket connector and it`s controlling the Power Adapter input and Battery charging.
Some case they fail at all and no usage and no power ON at all.
Some cases they could use only adaptor or only battery and Power ON is OK ...... but with this limitation .....
So in simple words i think you need Service !

Solution

AidanJeeves

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013

Thanks for the help, would a repair cost a lot would you say?

Nikolay Savov

Honorable
Apr 9, 2013

On owr Service Center NOP :)
20 -30 EUR + 10 - 15 EUR for the socket connector
Donno for the rest ....

TRENDING THREADS