My laptop won't connect to my TV anymore

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

glma_engine

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013
Just recently my TV won't recognize my computer anymore. I have an HP laptop with Windows Vista and an LG TV. When I connect them my TV says it's connecting and then it says no signal. It was working just the other day. The only thing that has changed is that I loaded Clear Connection on my computer for internet, but I don't see how that would change anything on my computer. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Metalheadx27

Estimable
Jul 26, 2014

I had this problem and after wasting close to an hour on this forum I finally found an answer by myself. Here's what you do:

Go into Device Manager

Display adater

Double click on your graphics card

You should see an option that says ROLL BACK DRIVER

Click that.

(Don't freak out if your resolution gets messed. )

Now just update the driver

Hope this helped!!

Untechie227

Estimable
Sep 7, 2014

I had the same problem with my laptop to my Sony Bravia. After determining that the HDMI cable was OK I turned on my TV, then unplugged it, hoping that would work as a reboot of the tv's system, Lo and behold, it worked! Give it a try....

Untechie227

Estimable
Sep 7, 2014

I had the same issue with my PC lapper and my Sony Bravia, and after determining that the HDMI cable and laptop output was ok on another TV, I turned on the Bravia, then unplugged it, hoping that would work as a de facto reboot and, lo and behold, it worked! Give it a try.

rachelle444

Estimable
Sep 10, 2014

EricMendezCatalan

Estimable
Nov 23, 2014

I have a Sony vaio and it use to connect via hdmi now my tv doesn't recognize it doesn't even try to connect, what's wrong?

Zaphod17

Estimable
Dec 11, 2014
I have a same problem, tried all you mentioned here and still no signal on my LG TV.
It seems to me like this connection was interupted when I installed win 8.1 on my PC, but I cannot belive in that theory and still looking for solution on forums.
I cannot recall if this problem firstly occured when I installed new OS win 8.1 or not so I am not sure but 3-4 years before it worked properly.
I have no device problems, tried to extend and duplicate displays (at nvidia control panel and screen resolution manu), windows key+p.
But every time when I connect or disconnect HDMI to TV PC makes a sound like something is connected or disconected, and when HDMI cable is connected on TV I can see HDMI ikon like it could be chosen, but when cable is disconnected HDMI cable icon is gray and couldnt be chosen.
Also in menu adjust screen resolution when PC and TV are conected both displays are recognizable but why TV says "no signal" and how to see anything on TV as I have on PC monitor I realy do not have solution.
Sorry for my bad english, but I hope someone has any idea hove to solve this issu.

Thanks in advance

TeranceB

Estimable
Jan 8, 2015
Had the exact same problem. Follow these steps to resolve it.
1. Right click on your laptop main page and click Personalize
2. Click Display Settings and then Advanced Settings
3. Click on the graphics card tab at the top. It should be above the Adapter, Monitor, Troubleshoot, and Color Management tabs
4. Then click Graphics Properties, Multiple Displays
5. From the Operating mode section select Clone Displays then click Apply

This should fix your problem

mikecarol1967

Estimable
Jan 17, 2015

SydneeD

Estimable
Jan 19, 2015
I just had this problem today! Go to the bottom left where the microsoft symbol is, right click, and open up Device Manager. From there, double click display adapters, then right click Intel Graphics. Then click update driver software. Then browse my computer, then let me pick, then select the software from 2012. It worked for me! Good luck!

HarryStrel

Estimable
Feb 26, 2015

Wholly shit this worked!! lol. Thanks man.

ktmecham

Estimable
Mar 4, 2015

It worked for me too! Thank you!

SexyGadgetTech

Estimable
Apr 12, 2015

Another LG user finds TV failing to connect on Laptop

I had same thing starting this year . intel and microsoft both tried to help, but my other TV works fine, the LG does not anymore , yet LG failing to reply

Swathi Mahadevan

Estimable
Oct 1, 2015
Hi..
I faced this same problem when i upgraded my windows 7 to windows 10.I also suggest the same method..goto device manager..get display adapter and then update your driver...well..it worked for me!Or you guys try to reinstall the driver or rollback it!Do it anyway!Dont bother about any yellow exclamation marks...I just Hope and wish it works for you guys as well..Best wishes :)
Swathi

Scott_18

Estimable
Nov 13, 2015

Hi im having the exact same problem as glma engine above only im using vga.It was working before now suddenly its not.Any suggestions? Thanks.

Robert_316

Estimable
Dec 6, 2015

Worked for me.... With a HISENSE HD Ready tv and a HP Laptop

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.