My Laptop Won't Read My Headset Mic

Jul 10, 2018
I recently reformatted my computer, so all of my settings are changed. I have a working set of headphones, turtlebeaches, and when I plug them into my computer the audio in the headphones work, but the mic part doesn't. When I go to sounds to check it out, there is nothing but my webcam mic that works. I have looked up everything to fix this, and have tried everything, but either I can't understand it, or it doesn't work. My laptop only has 1 jack in it and it has worked a couple of days ago, before the reformatting.

Solution
Have you updated the drivers since that was done? Also did you try, when in "Control Panel" and on the "Recording" tab, right click on the white background of the window and make sure both disabled and disconnected are checked?

Then, you also may want, when the headset is plugged in, go into "Control Panel" and then "Device Manager". Right click on the first item listed (which should be the name of the computer, whatever you gave it) and then click "Scan for hardware changes". See if it finds any issues.
Have you updated the drivers since that was done? Also did you try, when in "Control Panel" and on the "Recording" tab, right click on the white background of the window and make sure both disabled and disconnected are checked?

Then, you also may want, when the headset is plugged in, go into "Control Panel" and then "Device Manager". Right click on the first item listed (which should be the name of the computer, whatever you gave it) and then click "Scan for hardware changes". See if it finds any issues.

Solution
Jul 10, 2018

I managed to fix it. I use Waves MaxxAudio on my computer, and I noticed it wasn't even working anymore. I sat there for 6 ours resetting the drivers, and kept trying other things. Then, I just restarted my computer, and it worked. I was restarting all day after uninstalling drivers, then this finally worked for some reason, the popup happened, and I clicked headset, and it was done. Thanks for the reply!