my laptp problem

Espeter

Prominent
Jun 15, 2017
please need a help this is making four days my hp laptop if it off it can charge but when is on it can not charge i want to knw the solution cos it keeping burring my laptop is know more save battery anymore i had replace a new battery still the same please i need help

Solution
Somebody with a similar problem on a different forum:

"So here are the steps that worked for MY laptop:

Having your laptop running and plugged in, let the battery die at which time the screen will turn off.

Press the On/Off button until the laptop powers completely OFF. Be sure to leave it plugged in.

Wait a few minutes. You will notice that an orange light will turn on where the adaptor plugs in to the laptop.

Once this happens, wait a couple more minutes.

Finally, power up your laptop. You will notice that the power meter on the task bar will now read "Plugged In. Charging". Your laptop is now charging while ON!

I really hope this works for you. If it does and I saved you a headache and a few bucks, do something...

kaptainkuftic

Commendable
Jul 26, 2016
Somebody with a similar problem on a different forum:

"So here are the steps that worked for MY laptop:

Having your laptop running and plugged in, let the battery die at which time the screen will turn off.

Press the On/Off button until the laptop powers completely OFF. Be sure to leave it plugged in.

Wait a few minutes. You will notice that an orange light will turn on where the adaptor plugs in to the laptop.

Once this happens, wait a couple more minutes.

Finally, power up your laptop. You will notice that the power meter on the task bar will now read "Plugged In. Charging". Your laptop is now charging while ON!

I really hope this works for you. If it does and I saved you a headache and a few bucks, do something nice for someone!!!!"

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/battery-only-charges-when-computer-is-off-or-in-sleep/m-p/3859576

Solution