My lenovo notebook screen is black can it be fixed?

Victoria8254

Commendable
Nov 14, 2016
My lenovo notebook screen is black tried shift and f8 but won't turn on has a built in battery so can't try removing it. Can anyone help it's my daughters

Is the laptop actually on (you can hear fan, hard drive sounds etc.,) but just the screen is dark? Or is it not turning on at all?

If it is just the display, then there are a few things to try. First, turn off the laptop, connect an external monitor to the laptop, turn the external monitor on, and then turn on the laptop. Can you see your desktop on the external monitor?

If yes, then the connected display is the issue. You should then look inside to make sure that the ribbon cable that connects it isn't loose, dislodged, damaged, bent, pinched, etc.

If no, then it may be your graphics card/GPU, and possibly the motherboard needing replacement.

NOTE: If this laptop is still under warranty, do not do any work on it inside, don't open it up, and contact the manufacturer about a repair or replacement.

Victoria8254

Commendable
Nov 14, 2016

Victoria8254

Commendable
Nov 14, 2016
No nothing comes on at all no fan just one tiny pin head size light on the side. Online it says it's not under warranty anymore expiring in sept buy I didn't buy it til 27 Nov 15 so not a year old yet.
Can't get hold of lenovo themselves.
Thanks for the help

If you only bought in November, then call the manufacturer. Online info or not, it is from the date you purchased it, not the date it was made or the store got it. If you wait, it will expire. 1-855-253-6686

And, again, don't let them tell you it is out of warranty if you have the purchase date.