my lenovo thinkpad can't work when using battery

May 23, 2018
Once my lenovo e550c suddenly shuts down, and i can't turning it on later.

When i pressing the power button, i can hear the fans and hard drive working. But it will shut down in about two seconds every time.

I remove the battery and plug in the charger, and it works fine.

Later i tried one more time, i plug the laptop into a power adapter, it turn on as usual. And i put battery in the laptop when it was working. Laptop's screen suddenly become black but the red light still there.

I don't know where the problem is.
Can buy a new battery solve my problem?

Solution
It sounds like the battery is the issue to me. However, please note, that it turning off the display while the battery is in and the charger is on could also mean that the charger is starting to go bad as well. Try starting with replacing the battery.
It sounds like the battery is the issue to me. However, please note, that it turning off the display while the battery is in and the charger is on could also mean that the charger is starting to go bad as well. Try starting with replacing the battery.

Solution
May 23, 2018

Thanks, i wil try replacing my battery first.

I don't know whether the battery or the charger started to go bad is related to my usages. My laptop is plugged in and charging forever when i'm using. Maybe it's a bad habit. :(