Solved! My lenovo y520 15ikbn shows black screen when i start my laptop

Jan 16, 2019
My lenovo legion y520 laptop is not booting and shows black screen and i cant do enything in troubleshooting i need help i tried so meny instructions

Solution

Try hitting F8 to see if you can get into Safe Mode. If it works there you can try doing a repair of Windows. If that fails next step would be a clean Windows setup.

So it does show something, since something has to say "no hard drive connected" you said it just shows a black screen and can't get to BIOS. Try another drive. Did you already contact Lenovo support if system is in warranty? You may want to provide some details about exactly what you see when you turn it on, does it try to boot then fails and tell you no drive detected?

Jan 16, 2019
When i open the laptop it shows lenovo logo and rotating sircle and when its loaded its shows blackscreen where you normaly see the start thing and you can type the password

Try hitting F8 to see if you can get into Safe Mode. If it works there you can try doing a repair of Windows. If that fails next step would be a clean Windows setup.

Solution