Solved! My LG 43uh603v Smart TV and Bluetooth

Oct 8, 2021
My LG TV 43uh603v according to LG (who's customer support is poor - it seems designed to close off questions), has no Bluetooth for the headphones I have purchased (Soundcore Anker Q30 - excellent).

I got this rather garbled reply (not the agent's fault I know):

I can see on file that your model number is 43UH603V and can confirm that looking at the specifications for this model, it does not support Bluetooth. When a TV does not have Bluetooth compatibility, there is no way to add this I am afraid as if a dongle were needed like they were for older models, they still are listed as Bluetooth compatible but advise of the dongle being needed, rather than the specification of not having Bluetooth being listed and so there is not a way to make this TV have Bluetooth, you would need a TV with Bluetooth listed as a specification for this.

Having been told some wrong things in the past about specifications, I think it's saying that my TV model has not got Bluetooth and is not even Bluetooth compatible, so a dongle won't work.

Does anyone know if this is true and is there anything I can do to get it to transmit Bluetooth? (I question this as they have got things wrong before - like telling me it had Bluetooth)

Incidentally, this TV has a terrible program guide - it does not function at all well, and I'm quite staggered at how poor it is. I have Freeview (I'm in the UK) and I have an almost 15-20 year old hard disc recorder who's guide works infinitely better.
Also, the manual dos not cover all the functions in detail, and when I ask who not, they point me to their downloadable guide (which is just the same) and their on-screen guide which is very basic.
So, one buys a hi-tech product of who's many functions are practically inaccessible

Solution
They are ABSOLUTELY wrong. Customer service reads from a book they are given. Technically, I would be surprised if they could change the batteries in the remote.
I had no Bluetooth on my HDTV either. But I got a TOSLINK (Optical) to Bluetooth adapter, And I watch movies late at night with my wireless headphones while, the
girlfriend sleeps soundly next to me.

Unless the definition of "Dongle" has changed, it's a plug in key that allows operation of the computer or a computer program, (I have one to operate my C "Software Development Kit" or SDK) OR it's something that sits in a banana hammock. : ) But it's not what this non-technical, technical support person says, showing her lack of
technical know-how.

The TV neither knows or...
Product page for the TV does not say anything about bluetooth https://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-43UH603V

It does have a headphone and optical out out it seems, so you can use a 3.5 or optical to bluetooth transmitter box, but be warned that you will need both a low latency transmitter and low latency headphones or you will have a pretty noticeable delay in audio. Even with low latency bluetooth there may still be enough of a delay to annoy you.

Oct 8, 2021
Thank you for that advice. I might not worry about sound delay. I'm just wanting to follow programs where picture is not important, say while I'm cooking.
So, given that, although I know of 3.5 (tho not optical), can you give me a link to a reasonably priced suitable 3.5 and optical products that could work?
The headphone I have are soundcore Q30 https://uk.soundcore.com/collections/headphones/products/a3028011
They do a nice noise cancellation while building works go on around me, which is why I got them.
Cheers

Oct 8, 2021
But LG say!

I can see on file that your model number is 43UH603V and can confirm that looking at the specifications for this model, it does not support Bluetooth. When a TV does not have Bluetooth compatibility, there is no way to add this I am afraid as if a dongle were needed like they were for older models, they still are listed as Bluetooth compatible but advise of the dongle being needed, rather than the specification of not having Bluetooth being listed and so there is not a way to make this TV have Bluetooth, you would need a TV with Bluetooth listed as a specification for this.

Are they wrong?

BEAUFORD_SAVAGE

Respectable
Sep 6, 2020
They are ABSOLUTELY wrong. Customer service reads from a book they are given. Technically, I would be surprised if they could change the batteries in the remote.
I had no Bluetooth on my HDTV either. But I got a TOSLINK (Optical) to Bluetooth adapter, And I watch movies late at night with my wireless headphones while, the
girlfriend sleeps soundly next to me.

Unless the definition of "Dongle" has changed, it's a plug in key that allows operation of the computer or a computer program, (I have one to operate my C "Software Development Kit" or SDK) OR it's something that sits in a banana hammock. : ) But it's not what this non-technical, technical support person says, showing her lack of
technical know-how.

The TV neither knows or cares what you are doing with the audio outputs available to you. Find the audio out you want to use, or have available, and buy the Bluetooth
adapter that works with it.

Last edited:
Solution