Solved! My LG K4 (2017) suddenly stopped ringing

Feb 5, 2019
My LG K4 (2017) has been working fine but suddenly stopped ringing this week. I have checked all the settings and they are set to high. I tried to test the ringtones but I cannot hear them either. Can someone help please?

Solution
If you can't hear anything at all, then either there is something on the phone that is blocking sound (less likely but possible). To check that try starting up the phone in "Safe Mode" and see if you can get any sounds to work in there. If they do, then you need to find the app, virus, malware, etc., that is causing the lack of sound and remove it. However, if it doesn't work in "Safe Mode" either, then you will have to get the phone repaired. If it is under warranty, then contact the manufacturer. If it isn't, then try a local tech.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

If you can't hear anything at all, then either there is something on the phone that is blocking sound (less likely but possible). To check that try starting up the phone in "Safe Mode" and see if you can get any sounds to work in there. If they do, then you need to find the app, virus, malware, etc., that is causing the lack of sound and remove it. However, if it doesn't work in "Safe Mode" either, then you will have to get the phone repaired. If it is under warranty, then contact the manufacturer. If it isn't, then try a local tech.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Solution