Solved! My Microphone scattters and there is no voice

Jun 4, 2019
I just bought a new pair of headphone, HyperX, but all my friends can hear on Discord is scatters. They are connected to RealTech HD Audio, but still no voice only loud annoying sound.
Please help

Solution
If your microphone isn't working, try the following...

1. Go to "Control Panel".
  2. Click on "Sound".
  3. Click the "Recording" tab.
  4. Click on the device you are trying to fix.
  5. Now click the "Configure" button and then click "Set up Microphone".
  6. Once that is complete, click the "Properties" button.
  7. When you are done with your changes, in "Properties", click "Apply" and then "OK".
  8. Then click "OK", again, on the main "Sound window".

Now, it is completely possible that your 3.5 mm port is not input/output, which is what it would need to be to use both a mic and headphones. Or it could be one of the bad ones (some laptops have them) that just don't really work with combo (headphone/mic) and only with individual mic...
If your microphone isn't working, try the following...

1. Go to "Control Panel".
  2. Click on "Sound".
  3. Click the "Recording" tab.
  4. Click on the device you are trying to fix.
  5. Now click the "Configure" button and then click "Set up Microphone".
  6. Once that is complete, click the "Properties" button.
  7. When you are done with your changes, in "Properties", click "Apply" and then "OK".
  8. Then click "OK", again, on the main "Sound window".

Now, it is completely possible that your 3.5 mm port is not input/output, which is what it would need to be to use both a mic and headphones. Or it could be one of the bad ones (some laptops have them) that just don't really work with combo (headphone/mic) and only with individual mic or headphone.

The only way around that, if the port is actually the problem, is to either get the port replaced or get yourself a 3.5mm to USB adapter and connect through a USB port.

Solution