My new Asus ROG gl552jx laptop is shutting down randomly.....when I leave it alone for a few minutes and then turn it on then

Solution
I have the same problem on my laptop.

When I let it without touching anything, the laptop goes to sleep mode. Until there, everything is normal.

But when I try to come back on the computer from sleep mode, the computer restarts. I mean, there are same screens, every windows are closed and I have to open everything again. The same thing happen is I go to sleep mode by using the button.

I bought my laptop a month ago and everything was going well at the beginning. I guess it started after an update of something. I tried to install the latest driver for the graphic card in case, but it's still the same.
* I also tried the CPU diagnostic

If anybody has an idea.
Ps: Sorry if my English is not good enough but it's not my mother tongue...
1) crashing or just going into sleep mode?

2) Does it matter if on Battery vs AC power?

3) If crashing have you tried the Windows MEMORY diagnostic (for at least half hour) or preferably MEMTEST? www.memtest.org

4) Here's a cpu diagnostic: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool-64-bit-

other:
It doesn't look like you finished your explanation... "when i leave it alone for a few minutes and then turn it on then"

Bouillon

Estimable
Dec 18, 2015
I have the same problem on my laptop.

When I let it without touching anything, the laptop goes to sleep mode. Until there, everything is normal.

But when I try to come back on the computer from sleep mode, the computer restarts. I mean, there are same screens, every windows are closed and I have to open everything again. The same thing happen is I go to sleep mode by using the button.

I bought my laptop a month ago and everything was going well at the beginning. I guess it started after an update of something. I tried to install the latest driver for the graphic card in case, but it's still the same.
* I also tried the CPU diagnostic

If anybody has an idea.
Ps: Sorry if my English is not good enough but it's not my mother tongue.

I have an Asus ROG GL552JX-DM322T 15.6"
Windows 10 x64
Processor: Intel corre I5-4200H CPU 2.80GHz
RAM 6Go

Solution