My nikon coolpix p600 switches from playback mode to shooting mode on its own. Why?

John_627

Commendable
Jan 31, 2017
While reviewing photos in the playback mode, my nikon coolpix p600 switches back to the shooting mode on its own. Why?

Cloudy1

Honorable
Jan 21, 2016
Seems like nobody knows including Nikon who haven't / won't verify or remedy the problem.

See here with posts up until 3 months ago (today being 07/01/2017):

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3758246?page=5

Seems like a pretty active community of people who have been through and tried a lot of different things to fix the issue bit it appears that there is no definitive answer to solve the problem permanently.

If you find an answer though I'm sure that they would all be very, very happy to hear it!

Unfortunately that's all I got - it looks like you bought a dud sad to say :(

(Sidenote: I think large companies need to be held very much accountable for massive failures such as this - if they are willing to make millions then they should be willing to spend millions to resolve issues like this - it's bull**** and legal robbery IMO)

John_627

Commendable
Jan 31, 2017

John_627

Commendable
Jan 31, 2017
After sending my nikon coolpix p600 in for service, I was informed I needed a mode dial replacement. I approved the repair and now waiting for my camera to be returned to me. I'll keep you posted.

Tetvet68

Prominent
Mar 6, 2017
Hello folks, been reading about your troubles with Nikon P600! I have the 600 for over a year without issues, I upgraded the firmware and all hell broke loose. Description? Just like you say switching modes all by itself. Nikon says it's not the firmware, and could not answer what the problem is! Luckily I bought the 4 year drop and spill warranty from Amazon. Sent camera to United Camera two weeks ago. Just got it back today, seems to be fixed, will test for a few days to make sure. According to United it is the shutter systemand they replaced it. Camera sent to them in like new condition, got it back in the same condition but fixed. Had more issues with UPS delivering it to the wrong house. Had to go retrieve it. All is good here in CT.

John_627

Commendable
Jan 31, 2017

I sent my coolpix p600 to united and they said I needed a mode dial replacement. Unfortunately the parts were no longer available. Nikon approved a replacement camera so they sent me a coolpix P610. I LOVE IT. It has wifi,GPS and nfc and other features that my coolpix p600 did not have.