Solved! My NP73 isn't charging my battery do they make a seperate charger to charge them?

Solution
The charger cord is the same cord the laptop itself uses. It should charge the battery. Unless either the battery has gone bad, the charging circuit is bad or the charger cord is going bad, it should get charged.

Try charging it when the laptop is turned off. If it will charge when turned off (not hibernate or sleep, but off) however won't charge when on, then the charger is the problem. There is no way to fix it, so it would need to be replaced.

If, however, if won't charge even when turned off, then you are looking at either a battery replacement or the charging circuit (and possibly the motherboard) will need replacing.
The charger cord is the same cord the laptop itself uses. It should charge the battery. Unless either the battery has gone bad, the charging circuit is bad or the charger cord is going bad, it should get charged.

Try charging it when the laptop is turned off. If it will charge when turned off (not hibernate or sleep, but off) however won't charge when on, then the charger is the problem. There is no way to fix it, so it would need to be replaced.

If, however, if won't charge even when turned off, then you are looking at either a battery replacement or the charging circuit (and possibly the motherboard) will need replacing.

Solution

Charles Ridgway

Honorable
Dec 11, 2013
I ordered another battery for my laptop and it powered up fine but it still wouldn't charge it turn off the battery %'s just kept dropping lower and lower until it drained the battery. did they make a charger down that we could put the battery in to charge it, being in the computer don't work and you have to have a battery plugged into it for it to even work and complete the circuit.