My samsung laptop won't charge

Martin_13

Estimable
Oct 28, 2015
Hello,
My laptop has been very finicky with charging for at least a few months now, on and off. Now more so recently, it will only charge at certain times, or it won't charge at all. Now, it won't charge in any position. It charged for 5 seconds and then completely stopped and I haven't gotten life out of it since. I don't know how to fix this or find out what could potentially be the problem

utroz

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
You could have a broken wire in the power adaptor from the stress of getting bent and pulled all the time.. Also the power socket on the laptop could be loose as well. Take a multi meter and test the power adapter and make sure the voltage is where it is supposed to be and that it isn't cutting out.

Martin_13

Estimable
Oct 28, 2015

update: now the charger is plugged in and where it would normally turn orange to indicate it is charging, it was flashing green. I took the battery out and it continued to do this without the battery in. Does this mean it isn't my charger port? it was very very tedious; I opened up the laptop and the movement shut off the green light.

Martin_13

Estimable
Oct 28, 2015

it is a Samsung Notebook Model NP300E5C. And not really. It doesn't seem any different plugging it in

Susan2

Commendable
Mar 19, 2016