my samsung note 3 dont recognize my sim and its a sprint

markbirth

Commendable
May 19, 2016
My samsung note 3 can'trecognize my sim and its a sprint yet the company gave me the code to unlock it.

Solution
Well then Cell C would be the carrier, not Sprint. If that is the phone service you are going to be using. So if the phone was originally for Sprint, and then you had Sprint unlock it, you would need a new sim from Cell C to put in the phone, as well as service from them.

However, since the phone came from the USA, it may not work. USA Phones and International phones are a tad different. You will have to check with Cell C to find out if the phone will work on their service.

The sim is a Sprint sim? I am assuming that is what you are saying. But you don't mention who the carrier you have now is?

An unlock code is for a phone, not a sim, so I am wondering which you are referring to? If you are trying to use a sim from Sprint, on a phone with another carrier, that won't work. The sims are carrier specific.

However, if you are trying to use the phone with a new carrier, using the new carriers sim, then it should work.

Your old carrier (assuming that is sprint) gives you a code to unlock the phone (which you say the did give you) and then the phone would work with the new carrier.

But, there is a catch there, you have to have a phone that works with the new carriers service. Not all phones will work with all carriers.

Did you check with the new carrier to see if the phone will work with their service?

markbirth

Commendable
May 19, 2016

The phone is sprint from the USA and the carrier is sprint and my wife sent the phone to me and also the unlock code to open to every network yet i don't know how to go about it by arriving to unlock it or do i need a software to download to unlock it. Am in south Africa now and wanted to use cell-c line. Thanks

Well then Cell C would be the carrier, not Sprint. If that is the phone service you are going to be using. So if the phone was originally for Sprint, and then you had Sprint unlock it, you would need a new sim from Cell C to put in the phone, as well as service from them.

However, since the phone came from the USA, it may not work. USA Phones and International phones are a tad different. You will have to check with Cell C to find out if the phone will work on their service.

Solution