Question My Samsung s8 spells words wrong

Jan 23, 2020
When using voice-to-text, I notice that my Samsung s8 spells very obvious words incorrectly. For example, it always spells the word "bad" with 2 D's. It spells it as "badd" everytime. It always spells the work "Oh" as "O. So if I speak the following sentence "Oh, that's really bad", Samsung s8's voice-to-text will type it out as "O, that's really badd."

Is there anyway to fix this? Is there anyway to correct the spelling of words in the phone's internal dictionary?

If the words were somehow added by you, mistyping, etc., then you can go into the phone's "Settings" and "Keyboards". Tap on the one you are trying to change and then location and tap on "Reset Settings". Then tap "Clear Personalized Data".

Now if you don't believe they were added by you, or you have added a lot of changes and don't want to remove all with the option above you can then try the following.

Go into any app that uses the keyboard. Start typing/taping out the word you want. When you see the word you want to remove show up in the "Suggested Words" popup, press and hold that word. It should then give you an option to delete that word.

Once removed, it should work for all that use the words, even the voice commands.