My Samsung tablet is locked by 360 security. The screen is locked. How can I get in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
There are a few button combinations you can hold while the phone is off/turning on.
1. Safe Mode where none of your settings are loaded but you should be able to uninstall this buggy security app without loosing any data (you may have to disable this security apps device administration access if it has it in Settings>security). hold volume down when the boot logo appears (galaxy s4 logo) until safe mode appears in bottom left corner. to get out of safe mode turn off the phone, if its still in safe mode (you didn't use the restart option did you?) some models use a toggle, so try putting it into safe mode again.
2. The Recovery, a basic menu with factory reset as one of the options, hold volume up+home+power until it appears. use vol...
While we cannot assist with bypassing security passwords etc (as per forum rules), provided you know your password/code to get into the tablet, you should be able to reboot into safe mode, log in & disable the app in the 'settings' menu.

"Security 360" is pre-installed bloatware on some Samsung devices.

Exactly how, will depend on the specific tablet etc.

killerexclsuive

Prominent
Apr 30, 2017
There are a few button combinations you can hold while the phone is off/turning on.
1. Safe Mode where none of your settings are loaded but you should be able to uninstall this buggy security app without loosing any data (you may have to disable this security apps device administration access if it has it in Settings>security). hold volume down when the boot logo appears (galaxy s4 logo) until safe mode appears in bottom left corner. to get out of safe mode turn off the phone, if its still in safe mode (you didn't use the restart option did you?) some models use a toggle, so try putting it into safe mode again.
2. The Recovery, a basic menu with factory reset as one of the options, hold volume up+home+power until it appears. use vol up/down to move,power to select, no third party app can get in the way of opening this.
3. If that doesn't work your going to need to flash the firmware, you need to get the right firmware file for your model number (i9000,sph-l720,etc) & the right software version (system update) or you risk really bricking your phone. If your rooted you might want to stay on your current firmware version instead of the newest, then again if your rooted you could go into custom recovery & delete the offending apps apk file.
If you got your phone from a carrier you should be able to get one of their shops to flash the newest firmware for you, ask your local carriers store if they can do it or a location that can.

Solution

captaincharisma

Distinguished

if you decide to go this route and factory reset the tablet via recovery (safe) mode make sure you know your google account e-mail and password.

google has implemented a security measure on modern android devices now where if you reset an android device during setup it will force you to log into the last google account that was used with the device and if you don't know it then the device may be unusable

Just to add, android devices are easy to break, Iphones impossible.
But i factory reseted my A5 2016 2 weeks ago, and google didnt do the locking out, even tho I logged in via hotmail first on samsung stock e-mail manager.

Oh to add upond your deleted answer,
Iphones cant be used with new email, they can be used as normal "Tablet" devices as spoofing something, never tried.
As for android devices a bit research, and you're done. Unlocking them is simply as "ehm".
It still worries me that android devices are easy to be done like that, and I have to be carefull who's gonna snatch my phone, but still i like them as they are open to any modification.

Status
Not open for further replies.