My Samsung tablet will not turn on.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

koolkat0568

Estimable
Mar 31, 2014
My Samsung tablet will not turn on. The battery is fully charged. I have tried doing a reset (start + volumne) but this does not work.
I was using it then closed it to do a job then when I came back to it, it wont turn on. Its about 2 years old.

Amy_31

Commendable
Aug 23, 2016

Brandon_121

Commendable
Sep 24, 2016

If you hold the power button and volume up button it was factory reset but if u hold the power and volume down buttons it will only do a hard reset just did that and it works perfect now would rather try that way first so you don't loose all your save stuff

Rozanne1

Prominent
Apr 25, 2017
T211 ssung gal 3 tab won't turn on. shows blue screen but battery charging icon in middle of screen appears when charging.
I have tried all the above mentioned "advice", nothing works still. Opened the back, disconnected the connection to the battery for a minute, replaced, re-tried to turn on, same, no change.
It did not fall or get damaged. Turned it off & when I wanted to use it again, BAM!!!! Dead! Well, half dead.
Please help with another method. Surely someone has more advice or tips. It has lately also not been charging properly. charges to 100% but loses power quickly. Also seemed slower than usual but I had like 9GB space off 16G excluding the memory card.

simonthesailor

Prominent
May 5, 2017
My machine just won't turn on. Have never got it to open the recovery page.

I'm more interested in getting some information from it.

Is there a way of retrieving information from it ?

Karren_1

Prominent
Jul 14, 2017

jenniferkozak

Prominent
Sep 13, 2017

This is some kind of manufacturing defect...everyone should get reimbursed/or a new version of this tab at no cost...

wellarddan

Prominent
Oct 27, 2017
Hello guys I just been reading this thread saying to God down the volume up button and the power button down at the same time.. tried that and different buttons but none seem to be working.. it is plugged in, sometimes the tab even vibrates when I press a combo of buttons

johncarterrock21

Prominent
Nov 4, 2017
just safely remove the back cover of the tab.
Then unplug smoothly the battery wire which is attached to the tab (it is rectangle in shape and has 5 wires at bottom of the tab)
Then plug again that wire which you unplug.
Now connect your tab to charger.
Then the charging logo will show up
I hope it works
Because it works for me.

jameswest777

Prominent
Dec 3, 2017

Very easy fix because this is how it got to that condition in the first place (generally speaking) : 3 buttons hold at once for over 3 seconds: Power, Volume Down, Home! Then it will ask you if you want to continue to start normally, hit volume down to answer the question. Worked great for me!

jrosanwo

Prominent
Dec 8, 2017

Hi. I have the same issue, for a really long time now. Not charging, not even coming on, nothing just a blank screen. Where u able to solve this, if yes how did you achieve that please. Thanks. Joan.

henrok76

Prominent
Jan 2, 2018
I have the Samsung Nook tab 9.7. And have only had it for a week. Screen went black. And wouldn't turn on at all. I pressed the power button, volume -, and the home button simultaneously for 10 seconds. And voila. It turned right on. Running fine now. Thank you so much for the info guys

Jul 23, 2018