My Samsung tablet will not turn on.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

koolkat0568

Estimable
Mar 31, 2014
My Samsung tablet will not turn on. The battery is fully charged. I have tried doing a reset (start + volumne) but this does not work.
I was using it then closed it to do a job then when I came back to it, it wont turn on. Its about 2 years old.

Sep 11, 2018

THIS, my friends, was the answer. Thank you so much.

Sep 28, 2018

Jan 31, 2019

THIS IS THE ONLY THING THAT WORKED !!!!
I hadn't used my tablet in a couple of months and it wouldn't turn on no matter what combination of buttons. So, I tried pressing the home button while plugging in the tablet and pressing and holding the volume up and power buttons. The tablet powered up after about 30 seconds and I selected the option to restart the phone. All good now.l

Jan 31, 2019
Just a build on my last post

THIS IS THE ONLY THING THAT WORKED !!!!
I hadn't used my tablet in a couple of months and it wouldn't turn on no matter what combination of buttons. So, I tried pressing the home button while plugging in the tablet and pressing and holding the volume up and power buttons. The tablet powered up after about 30 seconds and I selected the option to restart the phone. All good now.!

Just a build: Even though I had plugged in the tablet to charge it overnight, it would not start. When I followed the process above and the tablet powered on, it the battery was dead so something prevented the tablet from charging when it's battery was 100% dead (hadn't powered on in a couple of months). Now the battery is charging and the tablet seems to be working great !