My "set home directory" is unavailable, so what can I do to set the default download location

duanewanda

Commendable
Mar 3, 2016
I am trying to set the default download location to SD card. and my "set home directory" is unavailable--it is lighter color and cannot click on it. What can I do?

Solution
If you are referring to having downloads from app sites go directly to your SD card, unfortunately that is not possible, for most phones at least.

The only OS out there that allows for that is Marshmallow. Any earlier one will not allow it at all. However, it still is not possible, even with Marshmallow, if the site you are getting it from, or the app itself, does not allow for installation to SD card. Many do not.
If you are referring to having downloads from app sites go directly to your SD card, unfortunately that is not possible, for most phones at least.

The only OS out there that allows for that is Marshmallow. Any earlier one will not allow it at all. However, it still is not possible, even with Marshmallow, if the site you are getting it from, or the app itself, does not allow for installation to SD card. Many do not.

Solution