Solved! My tablet is not working

May 29, 2019
I was using my tablet with my bag closed. But I dropped my bag into the water and my tablet is not working properly after that. When I dropped it in the water, my tablet was suddenly initializing and It was suddenly turned off because the battery wasn't left. It seemed that there was very little water on my tablet, but when I came home and turned it on, it automatically entered recovery mode and all of the buttons did not work. So I can not do anything because I can not enter bootloader. Is there any other way than paying and repairing?
My tablet's name is Galaxy Tab 4 Advanced.
20190529-225129.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: gaylesmith
Solution
All buttons do not work, but the screen is normal. In my opinion, this is not a problem caused by water.

Thank you for your reply.

You dropped it in water, it stopped working properly after that, but you don't think it's an issue caused by the water? If your hand hurts right after you fall off a bike, I would think that your hand hurt because you fell off the bike and hit it.

Having the system on while it was wet is bad. If not then the drop could have caused some issue with connections. Without using the buttons to select to boot it or to try a system restore only option I see is to bring it to a repair place.

A used working TAB 4 10" model looks to be about $140,150 May be simpler and/or cheaper than paying to get...
I don't think there is anything you can do yourself at this point. Try taking it to a tech.

Side note, one should never ever try to turn on a device right after any contact with liquids. Unless of course you want to do more harm to a device. They need to be opened up, have the battery, power sources and anything connected to them removed and then be left somewhere safe to dry for days. Yes I did say days. Unless it is a tiny little spill on the front or back that can be wiped easily and be gone, it needs all that to be safe.

Any moisture in a device coming in contact with the components inside is a quick way to kill the device.

All buttons do not work, but the screen is normal. In my opinion, this is not a problem caused by water.

Thank you for your reply.

You dropped it in water, it stopped working properly after that, but you don't think it's an issue caused by the water? If your hand hurts right after you fall off a bike, I would think that your hand hurt because you fell off the bike and hit it.

Having the system on while it was wet is bad. If not then the drop could have caused some issue with connections. Without using the buttons to select to boot it or to try a system restore only option I see is to bring it to a repair place.

A used working TAB 4 10" model looks to be about $140,150 May be simpler and/or cheaper than paying to get yours repaired.

Solution