my Toshiba laptop is stuck on the innovation screen, c55t-c5300

dlake147

Commendable
Mar 22, 2016
the computer will not go past the innovation screen and the hard drive light is not coming on, I just bought this 3 months ago

Solution

HI, I have the same laptop and it does that to me everytime I download a system update. It looks like it begins booting up the updates when you turn it on again while it's "stuck" on the loading innovation screen. I just leave it on for a few hours then it boots up so I find that when there is an update I choose "update and restart" then just leave it overnight instead of "update and power down". Also try to stay away from rebooting it numerous times via the power button as Ive done that before and all it calls for is a restore. Hope this helps, Goodluck.
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First do a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- Next to try is to reseat the RAM's, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure they are all seated properly.
- If these will not work, you'll need to take the HDD off the laptop then boot it up.
- If the laptop will get pass the Innovation splash screen and goes up to a black screen with an error about missing boot device that could mean that the HDD is faulty.
- But if the laptop will still get stuck on the same Innovation Splash screen, try loading into BIOS and set it to its default by pressing F9.
- If all these will not work I would suggest contacing Toshiba for a repair.

Patienceiskey

Commendable
May 21, 2016

HI, I have the same laptop and it does that to me everytime I download a system update. It looks like it begins booting up the updates when you turn it on again while it's "stuck" on the loading innovation screen. I just leave it on for a few hours then it boots up so I find that when there is an update I choose "update and restart" then just leave it overnight instead of "update and power down". Also try to stay away from rebooting it numerous times via the power button as Ive done that before and all it calls for is a restore. Hope this helps, Goodluck.

Solution