My Toshiba Laptop Won't Boot Up?

kevinbacon

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014
I have a Toshiba Satellite L655 Laptop. One day I was stupid and had a few tabs open AND running a game, the next thing I knew the laptop cut off and wouldn't turn back on. I took the battery out plugged in the charger and held the power button for 30 seconds, it cut on and was booting up. It said windows Failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. Then recommended I launch start up repair, when I do so it says windows is loading files, shows the loading bar... and then sits on a blank black screen. The laptop is still on because I can see the screen is backlit, the led lights are lit. I tried to do a factory reset but my laptop just makes a really loud obnoxious beeping sound for like a constant 5 minutes and when I let go of the key it just continua to boot up without bringing up the menu for a reset. Maybe I am hitting the wrong key? I don't know. All I know is the laptop turns on, acts like its going to boot and when its loading it just switches over and gets stuck on a black screen. Any idea what to do? I also tried booting windows normally instead of selecting the option for start up repair and it was on the "starting Windows" screen for a few minutes quickly FLASHED a blue screen with text on it that I couldnt even read because it was literally as fast as lightening, went to a black screen and then I ended up back to the toshiba screen that shows when you first turn the laptop on?? Sorry for the loads of detail, just trying to give as much insight as I can. Hopefully someone can help!! Thanks

kevinbacon

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014
UPDATE* during windows start up repair, I waited out the black screen and it ended up on a windows 7 screen, its like the backyround to when you login, yaknow blue back round with flowers in the corner. Its just that screen, no login option, no buttons. I see my mouse and can even move it. Maybe it's actually working? I will wait this out, maybe it will take a few hours. I'm new to this tech stuff lol.. Still feel free to add imput to whomever reads this!! Thanks :p