Solved! My toshiba laptop won't turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 3, 2021
My laptop is a toshiba satellite radius p55w b5224. Lately my laptop hasn't powered on at all. The light showing it's plugged in to the AC adapter works, but that's it. I opened it up, and realized the ribbon for the power and volume buttons came loose. I plugged it back in but it still won't turn on. I might've plugged it in wrong. Could it be anything else?

Solution
It's unlikely that the ribbon cable would come loose by itself. Has it been open before? Could it be pulled loose by opening it? Could the ribbon be plugged in reversed? Depending on the type of connector, there may be tiny little clips that need to be engaged.

I suggest you try to find the service manual for that machine (some brands are easy to find on the internet and some are impossible) so you have a picture to go by. Note that any time you open a laptop or PC, if you don't use proper ESD precautions (look this up on the internet) you risk causing damage. If it happens you would not see or feel it, but you can blow something out.
It's unlikely that the ribbon cable would come loose by itself. Has it been open before? Could it be pulled loose by opening it? Could the ribbon be plugged in reversed? Depending on the type of connector, there may be tiny little clips that need to be engaged.

I suggest you try to find the service manual for that machine (some brands are easy to find on the internet and some are impossible) so you have a picture to go by. Note that any time you open a laptop or PC, if you don't use proper ESD precautions (look this up on the internet) you risk causing damage. If it happens you would not see or feel it, but you can blow something out.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.