my tv is a 52 inch, and periodically the screen goes darker

R_1

Estimable
Herald
Sep 8, 2015
I think I have it. I was reading an article on Ars about TV power consumption and ran into this little jewel, and it would seem to be the answer to your issue. I hope anyway. from the article on Arstechnica.com

"Samsung, LG, and Vizio TVs use a number of tactics. Motion-Detection Dimming (MDD) software (called “Motion Lighting” under Samsung and “Motion Eye Care” under LG) will dim the TV’s screen when a certain amount of motion is detected in the image the viewer is watching."

You may want to search the menu for something like this and turn it off.

clutchc

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
Best call a technician. Might be the back light dimming due to failing, or its transformer. It might be the processor chip controlling brightness. Can't be sure w/o troubleshooting.

R_1

Estimable
Herald
Sep 8, 2015
I think I have it. I was reading an article on Ars about TV power consumption and ran into this little jewel, and it would seem to be the answer to your issue. I hope anyway. from the article on Arstechnica.com

"Samsung, LG, and Vizio TVs use a number of tactics. Motion-Detection Dimming (MDD) software (called “Motion Lighting” under Samsung and “Motion Eye Care” under LG) will dim the TV’s screen when a certain amount of motion is detected in the image the viewer is watching."

You may want to search the menu for something like this and turn it off.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
joshuabgriffin Streaming Video & TVs 0
B Streaming Video & TVs 0
Carter Ebersole Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 5
V Streaming Video & TVs 2
jimbo-bob Streaming Video & TVs 3
Elfanta83 Streaming Video & TVs 0
S Streaming Video & TVs 0
Trendyaj Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 1