Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help. By the way was your TV connected via HDMI cable?
- First do uninstall/reinstall the latest graphics card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the graphics driver.
- Open Programs and Features and uninstall anything related to your graphics card.
- Next is to download and install the latest driver from the manufacturers site.
- Once installed reboot your laptop then reconnect your TV back in your laptop.
- Press the Windows key + P at the same time and select between Duplicate or Extended display then press Enter.
- Make sure to set your TV as the default playback device as well.