My xps 12 had charger alerts and then suddenly made a pop sound and died now my xps won't do anything

mczonee2

Prominent
Jan 24, 2018
My xps 12 had charger alerts flash on screen but never paid any attention as my battery was charging then last night while using my dell notepad it made a popping sound and lights,screeen,power gone and I have not been able to restore it ,,help me

Solution
no problem.

i've taken a ton of laptops apart and each is different and a pain in its own way. hence my suggestion for someone who has done it before to take a look. might be a capacitor that can be replaced or it may be something worse. won't know until they get in there and have a look see.

good luck.

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
that popping sound was something not good happening. it's not gonna power back up without some major work if at all.

likely something on the mobo popped. if it gave charger alerts, then likely it was near the power plug and was a way for the mobo to protect itself from the power issues. you'd be best to take it to someone who knows what they are doing so they can take it apart and see if it can be fixed.

next time pay attention to alerts and error messages, they are trying to tell you something important!!

mczonee2

Prominent
Jan 24, 2018

mczonee2

Prominent
Jan 24, 2018
Thank you Matt and as I thought that was going to be my only option I have contacted and will be dropping my notepad off this afternoon. I am grateful for people like you who lend a voice. I am creative and get paid to create videos and such. The message after unplugging and plugging back in over and over went away which in my option ment it was the charger rather than the charger port anyways thanks again

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
no problem.

i've taken a ton of laptops apart and each is different and a pain in its own way. hence my suggestion for someone who has done it before to take a look. might be a capacitor that can be replaced or it may be something worse. won't know until they get in there and have a look see.

good luck.

Solution