MySpace Sold for Just $35 Million to Specific Media and Justin Timberlake

Status
Not open for further replies.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]Before Google+ happened I would have given this a good chance. Now, not so sure...[/citation]
seriously? it's been around for half a decade, and NOW you'd give it a chance?

myspace was a lost cause compared to facebook. hell, i think sconex was even better. i wished facebook was exclusive to college students and older though.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
I'm bringing MySpace back
Them other networks don't know how to act
I gave thumbs up to your post bout LoL Cats
Next time your on make sure to Thumb me back
(take em to the bridge)

millerm84

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
I wonder if playing in The Social Network gave Timberlake the notion he knows anything about "creative strategy" in this arena. It's one thing to market new and innovative products (like sony's 3D tv spot he did) or your special brand of boy band; its a whole different ball game when you have to take a dying brand and be the innovator. I know Eminem has been used to try and create excitement for Chrysler, but I doubt he's in the drawing room with the engineers or doing much more then telling the marketing guys "I can look bad ass driving this color car".

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Main issue with MySpace is that it was not work friendly and too many annoying ads with a poor layout. Revamp was too little too late and Newscorp can blame themselves for being too greedy and not doing what is required to keep MySpace relevant. See what happens.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
It still worth even $35 million, really? Does anyone use MySpace anymore? Oh, I do...for my Mobsters account. I've got like 10,000 friends on it I think, maybe 15 of those are my actual friends. Of those (15), I highly doubt any of them use MySpace and have gone onto Facebook.

ravewulf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
Justin Timberlake > News Corp
This is less a comment on what I think of JT and MySpace, more of a comment of what I think of News Corp

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
[citation][nom]dalethepcman[/nom]I'm bringing MySpace backThem other networks don't know how to actI gave thumbs up to your post bout LoL CatsNext time your on make sure to Thumb me back(take em to the bridge)[/citation]
Best post ever! LMAO!
I wish we could embed audio for that one!

ProDigit10

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
myspace, much less popular than facebook, is going down!
Facebook itself is going down!
A lot of friends I know no longer are on facebook (or never went on it!)

kj3639

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2010
Hahahahahaha. Myspace, what a joke. I had a profile for a month, back in its prime. I had joined facebook first, when it just reached our campus. Myspace was such a joke... and creepy too. I enjoy facebook, I just wish it somehow (not possible whatsoever) stayed like it was in it's early days. Bunch of young college people, photo sharing, parties, beer bongs... stuff grandma wouldn't like, but too bad because she's on facebook now.

master9716

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2006
ITS SIMPLE. SPAM! , There is no spam in facebook , Theres huge spam in Myspace so people dont take it seriously , Design wise myspace lets you do things facebook and twitter cant. But its also more complicated. Wich is also another huge reason.

It needs to be more personal so they can get rid of spam , And it needs to be simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.