Question mystery virus 10408

Jul 18, 2022
I have a samsung galaxy a20e and I was looking through my data usage for the past month when I saw an app called 10408 had used over 600Mb of data. I cannot find this app anywhere on my phone apart from this data usage appearance and I know it can only have been on my phone less than a month because my other apps show previous months usage and this one did not. I tried to look for this app on line and only found one result. This was from Web doctor which said it was designed to send incoming sms messages to a remote user. As I only get the odd incoming text I am at a loss as to the amount of data used. But as these are usually confirmation codes for secure sites I am quite concerned. The web doctor had me download its app as I was happy to do as it was on the play store but then it failed to find the app 10408 so I removed the web doctor, Now you are fully informed as to the situation my questions are, is this 10408 what the web doctor claimed or something else, and if I need to remove it how can I? Many thanks for some useful advice on this one, Chris

Jul 18, 2022
reset the phone. and stop installing app
Could you be a bit more informative thanks. For instance when you say reset my phone, do you mean restart it, or actually reset it to factory settings and which app would you be referring to that I should not install as I did not intentionally install this 10408? Thank you for your promp reply though, Chris.