N. Korea Suspected in S. Korea, US Web Attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
I'm confused on how North Korea even has hackers. Most of the population is totally censored from technology. So how do they even find out who is capable of hacking and who isn't?

Its clear that these hackers would be under the government/military of the nation as well. So isn't this technically North Korea attacking South Korea and America?

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom]I'm confused on how North Korea even has hackers. Most of the population is totally censored from technology. So how do they even find out who is capable of hacking and who isn't?Its clear that these hackers would be under the government/military of the nation as well. So isn't this technically North Korea attacking South Korea and America?[/citation]

I suppose that pretty much is true. It's an indirect war.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]I suppose that pretty much is true. It's an indirect war.[/citation]

We'll probably open actual war on their ass too if they keep it up. Not that we're already preoccupied or anything (no pun intended).

yrmoma

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
I bet Obama does nothing more than "strongly condemn N. Korea" and "support S. Korea", but believe the U.S. should stay out of an internal conflict.

randomizer

Distinguished
[citation][nom]yrmoma[/nom]I bet Obama does nothing more than "strongly condemn N. Korea" and "support S. Korea", but believe the U.S. should stay out of an internal conflict.[/citation]
You can't expect him to do anything else when all the other politicians around the world use the exact same phrase.

doc70

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
[citation][nom]yrmoma[/nom]I bet Obama does nothing more than "strongly condemn N. Korea" and "support S. Korea", but believe the U.S. should stay out of an internal conflict.[/citation]
so, we're supporting S. Korea by blocking the internet access... That makes sense..

thejerk

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
i dunno about this. it's just a well-organized script kiddie ddos attack. it's not like they're trying anything that difficult.

and, also, it's just too easy for s. korea to just point the finger at n. korea and say they did it... when barely anyone in n. korea has access to technology.

i say it's just some asshole seriously screwing with an already bad situation.

bunz_of_steel

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
We should just let the RIAA know that North Korea is sharing music and they will be shut down in a week. We are sooo behind technology while the rest of the world is passing us by. Everybody else has like 60mb pipe while we have 10mb from Cox. Cocks errr Cox suks!

G

Ehhh - no way this comes from North Korea! It comes from someone that wants to make it LOOK like it came from N.Korea... I very much doubt that Kim Jon Il has the capability to launch such an attack - you DO need to have connections/relation with the outside world to do such a think, and N.Korea has no friends...

G

I can't believe my post were censored - LOL! Go Tom's "nuke'em'all" Harware...

thejerk

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
[citation][nom]fracture[/nom]Another Cloak and Dagger operation to get us to allow the Government to add more "security".[/citation]

i dunno about that, either. if you've noticed, we've been very quiet and calm about this whole affair. so, i wouldn't go jumping on the conspiracy bandwagon jusssst yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.