n5010 connected not charging

gezzzza

Commendable
May 3, 2016
Hi
My battery on my N5010 is new my charger is new however still "connected not charging" keeps appearing.Carried out Dell test.They say HDD Is faulty!! I have no other issues only the battery not charging.Any further thoughts.Thanks n advance.

Solution
That test saying the hard drive is bad has nothing to do with the battery issue. But it does mean the drive is bad, even if it's working, a failed disk test means it has a much higher chance to fail. Make sure you have backups.

If you got a 3rd party Chinese battery off ebay or something, I'd try a different battery first. Aside from that, the issue may be with the motherboard or charger port on the laptop.
That test saying the hard drive is bad has nothing to do with the battery issue. But it does mean the drive is bad, even if it's working, a failed disk test means it has a much higher chance to fail. Make sure you have backups.

If you got a 3rd party Chinese battery off ebay or something, I'd try a different battery first. Aside from that, the issue may be with the motherboard or charger port on the laptop.

Solution