Nad c340 amp troubleshoot no volume

G

Which input sockets are you using and with which type of source?

G

RCA sockets doesn't quite tell me anything. Which input -- Aux, Phono, Tape, CD or have you tried them all with appropriate equipment ?

Is the tape monitor switch (if any) in the tape or source position ?

Does this model have speaker select switch ?

philx1000

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
RCA sockets doesn't quite tell me anything. Which input -- Aux, Phono, Tape, CD or have you tried them all with appropriate equipment ?

Is the tape monitor switch (if any) in the tape or source position ?

Does this model have speaker select switch ?

ok. tried using ipod in the cd and disc inputs. this model doesnt have tape monitor switch or speaker select switch.

G

Have you any source other than the iPod ? I say this because the only obvious way of connecting the iPod directly is its headphone socket. This should be loud enough to drive a line input but strictly speaking there's mismatch.

I would usually test an amp using a CD player with a line output.

Still, if you are satisfied that you have presented the amplifier with a compatible input, it begins to look like a fault in the NAD. Try Googling the model number and see what comes up. I suspect you are not alone in having problems with this model.

Connect pre out 2 left to main in left with a patch cord
Connect pre out 2 right to main in right with a patch cord
The jumpers are missing.

G

Damn, I have a NAD receiver and forgot about the jumpers at the back. Hope that solves it.

G

Is there any sound on the headphone socket?
Could the socket be damaged and cutting off the speakers ?

that's another definite possibility, a damaged headphone jack.
There are also two internal fuses, but they are, as I recall... soldered to the circuit board.
If the jumpers are in, tape monitor off, speaker switch turned on, still no sound, then the fuses could be popped.
OK, are your speakers blown? Did you try other speakers?
Time to go to the service center I'm afraid.

TRENDING THREADS