NASA Moon Camera Lawsuit Settled Out Of Court

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wiyosaya

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
[citation][nom]gamebrigada[/nom]Nasa never went to the moon... >>"[/citation]
Oh noooooo! The conspiracy theorists are everywhere. :O

hector2

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2011
I served in the US Navy. Does that mean I should be able to keep the destroyer I was on or the .45 cal handgun I used as a memento ?

G

Talk about an obscene waste of taxpayers money and an insult to all astronauts & their families who devoted years of their lives to making the space program a success. Shame on NASA for stealing this camera from Ed Mitchell, if it wasn't for him bringing it back from the moon, none of these would exist because NASA considered this an expendable item. Think about all of the other artifacts returned by astronauts that will never see the light of day because of NASA's greed.

To the conspiracy imbeciles out there who say the US never landed men on the moon, try opening a book or checking out the photos from the latest Lunar Orbiter missions that clearly show the landing sites. Those who don't believe we landed on the moon also believe in Big Foot, little green men, area 51, Kim Kardashian's wedding was true love and Paris Hilton is a member of MENSA.

jsc

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2004
[citation][nom]serious dude[/nom]wtf, why should he get to keep the camera .../citation]
NASA was going to abandon it and leave it behind. Astronaut should have been able to make the case that his was simply salvaging abandoned gear.

And hector, your destroyer wasn't abandoned and, at least in the Army, weapons are controlled serial numbered items. They may have let you keep the.45, but they didn't have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.