Navdy Puts Messages and Apps on Your Car Dashboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

More distractions is what drivers need....and to say someone looking at a screen, regardless of it's transparency and waving their hands and trying to read messages, emails, etc doesn't distract is bs!

RichCal

Estimable
Aug 5, 2014
This would certainly be a distraction, but not nearly so much as using your phone. Good luck getting people to stop doing that.

The distracted driving problem is only going to get worse until practical solutions are offered. The heads-up display is the best I've seen so far. If it works as advertised, I wouldn't hesitate a moment to put it in my children's cars.

Bondfc11

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013
Love the video though. Pretty cool for those that don't have a car with nav already, but my last 6 cars all had (have it) and I won't be buying a new car without one in the future.

I assume more connectivity is coming for all vehicles - but I thought this was a pretty cool toy (one that could still get people to run into others unintentionally).

Don_M_Weaver_II

Estimable
Aug 21, 2014
All this HUD HOOPLA seems to us to be redundant bubble gum chewy eye candy. How many speedometers, tachometers, fuel gauges, radio displays do we need? Sure the GPS aspect is cool if you're going to the moon. To us there are way better way more productive HEADS UP product types available. Cops don't use this tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.