Need a good 500 dollar gaming laptop.

Alden2000

Commendable
Jun 2, 2016
I am looking for a laptop which can run light games like minecraft and csgo especially. Also, any other games but most likely I won't be trying to run bf4 or fallout 4 on it. I would also like the laptop to be thin and well built and Windows 10. Touchscreen would be nice and backlit keyboard. I've seen acer models like an acer aspire that has a gt 940m graphics card. Would that be the best bet or are there other laptops that are even better. 500 is my budget but it would be nice to stay from that.

Solution

There is not real gaming system for $500, especially once you start adding in things like touchscreen.

In your budget, 940m is the best you can get, it can run more demanding games OK at lower resolutions and low settings with a some...
The 15" Acer Apsire (whatever model #) you saw is basically the least expensive laptop with a nVidia 940m. Laptops with the more powerful nVidia GTX 950m generally starts at around $650 - $700, while laptops with the GTX 960m generally start at just under $800.

There is not real gaming system for $500, especially once you start adding in things like touchscreen.

In your budget, 940m is the best you can get, it can run more demanding games OK at lower resolutions and low settings with a some slowness in areas. Keep in mind that you can't upgrade the laptop, so if in a year or two you see another game you want to play, you are stuck with what you have unless you sell the laptop at a loss and buy a faster one.

Solution