Need a laptop for designing/light gaming that doesn't weigh like a brick

Aug 18, 2018
1. What is your budget?
1 lakh INR (~1400-1500 USD)

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15" - 16" screen

3. What screen resolution do you want?
1080p at least

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable

5. How much battery life do you need?
6-7 hours on normal usage, 2-3 hrs on gaming

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
- Arcade fighting games like street fighter V/soul caliber VI (upcoming)
- MMOs like Dota 2, Tera online etc

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Programming:
- Development (visual studio)
- Design (Photoshop, adobe illustrator)

Casual:
- Browsing and watching FHD/4K videos

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
At least 256 GB SSD (preferably NVMe) and up gradable

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Mostly indian e-commerce websites (flipkart, amazon)

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
At least 3-4 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Not required

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
No such criterias

13. What country do you live in?
India

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Good display, CPU and weight are my priority however i also want to be able to do some gaming with it. Also i would prefer a laptop without any keyboard issue (as i'm gonna be programming on it). Might be able to order from outside India but not before December so would prefer to buy from India.

Shortlisted laptops :
Here's a list I made with pros and cons (in my opinion) :
Laptop list

From the above list i'm inclined towards buying these 3 laptops:

MSI GF63 (but not sure about this as there are not much reviews about this laptop. Also MSI support in India doesn't seem to be trustworthy)

Dell XPS 15 9570 (looks awesome despite heating issues but is this worth the money? Also why is this laptop imported from USA?)

Asus TUF FX504 GM-en017t (Great laptop all around but something seems wrong here. The model i shortlisted in above list is only available on paytmall which seems weird considering such the specs and the price)

Also this is not very urgent requirement for me. Should i wait another 1-2 months to get a better deal or a better laptop being released? (Asus Strix scar 2/hero 2 have just been released and Asus TUF FX-505 got announced )

Please help!

Solution

Oh, my bad. I was thinking it had a 1050ti for some reason. The XPS 15 does have one, though: https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-laptops/xps-15/spd/xps-15-9570-laptop/dncwxb1656s
Aug 18, 2018

That GPU though .... don't think MX150 would be suitable for my usage.

2sidedpolygon

Proper
Jul 1, 2018

Oh, my bad. I was thinking it had a 1050ti for some reason. The XPS 15 does have one, though: https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-laptops/xps-15/spd/xps-15-9570-laptop/dncwxb1656s

Solution