Need a laptop I can take to meetings but also game on.

EJAirman

Honorable
Jun 29, 2013
budget?
$800-1000

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

15" is the largest I will go

3. What screen resolution do you want?

1920x1080

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

I will use it for the next year or so until I build a desktop once I'm out of school.

5. How much battery life do you need?

Just a couple of hours. For gaming it will be plugged in. For schoolwork it will depend on where I am.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

Honestly whatever is out that I want to play. Overwatch, WoW, any interesting games that come out, etc. High settings would be good for the above, medium is obviously ok for demanding titles. Low if necessary.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

Won't be doing much but schoolwork and gaming. I want to get into modding games but that can wait until I build my desktop in a year or so.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

256GB and Up. But I can also upgrade.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

Nothing for here. Anyone heard of kevinbtech.com? They have great deals but they seem too good to be true and I can't find anything on them.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

A few years, will move to more of a work and travel thing after the desktop is built.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

No optical drive is necessary.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

I'm up for anything really, but haven't heard many good things about HP.

13. What country do you live in?

United States.

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

I found this but can't find much on it and wonder if it is too "flashy"

http://flash.newegg.com/Product/9SIA24G4GP1001

I was also considering the Dell i7559 but don't know how I like it being all plastic. I want something that can go to class with me, and future meetings, that doesn't scream "gaming!"

captaincharisma

Distinguished
well the ultimite suggestion if you a gamer is to get a mainstream laptop like one with an I3 or low end AMD CPU for woirk and meetings and a gaming class desktop for gaming. naturally the problem with this scenario is cost but you will never find a laptop good enough to play modern games at the best settings

EJAirman

Honorable
Jun 29, 2013
Im not asking for best or ultimate settings. I'm fully aware the best I will get is what a 960m can provide as that is the card I have noticed most within my price range. Maybe a 970m if I go over budget some or a big sale happens. So yes, do I understand getting a desktop? Yes, but I will be moving around to much to warrant getting one.