Need a Programming/Modeling/Graphics labtop for around $1000-$2000

JacobTurner

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
1. What is your budget?
Around $1000-$2000, may go a little over.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Either a 15 inch display or bigger, also the thinner the better. I want something that feels and looks nice.

3. What screen resolution do you want?
1920x1080

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Not really sure what this is asking. I have a desktop so I guess I don't need it to replace it?

5. How much battery life do you need?
As much as possible.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Not sure but if I had to list a few they would be some Visual Novels, Dota, Tf2, Portal and maybe some Bad Company.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
I would mainly use it for programming, modeling and graphic design. So the Adobe products & Cinema 4D.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
At least over 500gb, if its only around 500gb I would prefer a SSD.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
I've been thinking about this one or maybe a Mac? I think I could get more bang for my buck if I got Windows though. I would also prefer windows.
http://www.amazon.com/HP-15-5220nr-15-6-Inch-Laptop-Intel/dp/B013WM9QMA

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
To at least get me through college and a little after, so maybe 4-6 years.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
I guess just dvd I can burn disks with my desktop.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Dell or Hp I would prefer. I will not buy a Lenovo since all I hear are bad things about them.

13. What country do you live in?
United States

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I want something that's easy to carry around and would fit and be able to be used on my lap. I also would like something with some decent battery life. Also I really would prefer windows but I honestly just don't know. Every developer I seem to talk to loves Mac but I honestly just don't like them. Are there serious upsides to them, there so expensive and I think I could get more bang for my buck with a windows. Also I prefer Windows 7 over anything. If I get something that's Windows 10 I will give it a try but most likely downgrade. Thanks!

jollypirate

Estimable
Jul 18, 2014
For your gaming you dont really need a pc for 2000$ What else specifically are you gonna use it for?
You should check out some of of msi gaming laptops, or the aorus x5 series, you might also like the gigabyte, p34w its a preratty thin laptop with good specs

JacobTurner

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014

I will be using the laptop more for Rendering, Editing and programming. Gaming would just be on the side. I will check out those laptops.