Need a Video/Photo Editing Laptop!

DOWNSCHICKEN

Estimable
Sep 28, 2015
Hello!

I have been looking for a laptop for a little while now, but I am having trouble finding one to suit my needs. A friend told me to come here and ask because you might be able to help.

I have filled in the little New Laptop questionnaire thing. If you have any other questions, please let me know

1. What is your budget?
$400 - $800

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
14” +

3. What screen resolution do you want?
1920x1080

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable

5. How much battery life do you need?
8+

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

If it can play any triple A games from the last two years on medium to high settings then that would be a plus, but it is definitely not a need at all. So ignore the gaming aspect all together if you have to ?

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
I will be mainly using this for 1080p 60fps video editing and photo editing.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

Ideally I would want at least 280GB+ SSD and then maybe a regular 240 GB HDD? I open to suggestions on this.

9. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

At least 3-5 years?

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

n/a

13. What country do you live in?

I live in the UK but I am in the US next week so I was going to buy something from a US site and get it sent to my friend there and take it back with me because it’ll probably be cheaper. However, if something can be found on a UK site that matches the $400-$800 (£260-£550) I would not mind at all.

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

An SSD is a must. I don’t mind if I have to buy one separate and install it myself though.