Need advice from experienced GTX 1050ti/1060 6gb laptop users

Sumerechny

Prominent
Jul 17, 2017
Hello.
I've been set for a Dell Inspiron 7567 with GTX 1050ti due to it's very good cooling and battery life, but then I read about its terrible display and loud noise during demanding tasks. 50dB vs 42dB of Lenovo Legion Y720 during gaming seems like a big difference. But this model has heat issues, generating above 43 degrees Celsius in the middle of the keyboard doesn't seem too comfortable during longer sessions. But I have zero experience with laptops, so I don't really know how hot or loud would this really be.

1. What is your budget?
1600$
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15.6"
3. What screen resolution do you want?
FHD
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Both
5. How much battery life do you need?
As long as possible when not playing games. 4 hours seems to be average for laptops, and I think it's not enough.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Stable 60fps is the most important. I prefer RPGs over shooters, but will play anything really. I know 1050ti is hardly sufficent for 60fps gaming nowadays, but if the culture of work and battery life of the machine is good, then I think it's worth it.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Surfing the web, playing games and programming.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Preferably one small SSD for system and some applications, around 120GB, no more than 250GB, and one 1TB HDD.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
This is a polish site I'm searching for laptops http://, but I think it won't be too helpful.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
As long as possible, I'm used to use my PCs for 5 years without any problems, so I would expect nothing less from a 2 times more expensive machine.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
I will use external if the need comes.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Don't know about brands, it's my first laptop. But the models flashy like chrismas trees- I would like to avoid those.
13. What country do you live in?
Poland.
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
The most important thing is battery life when not playing games. 4 hours seems too short for me when doing nothing more than surfing the web. Then comes the cooling, I don't want to set 1600$ on fire on my first session. And it has to be running considerably quiet when doing nothing demanding. Overall the culture of work is my top priority.

Solution
The complaints about the Dell Inspiron 7567 poor TN screen when the laptop was initially released has been addressed. All Inspiron 7567 models ordered from Dell comes standard with an IPS screen. Resellers like Amazon likely still have the older version with the poor TN screen in stock.

http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-laptops/inspiron-15-7000-gaming/spd/inspiron-15-7567-laptop

As for getting a laptop that is comparable to the Dell in terms of price, specs and battery life.... good luck.

Sumerechny

Prominent
Jul 17, 2017
Ok I'll specify: is there anything within the price range as good as or near Dell Inspiron 7567 with GTX 1050ti in terms of battery life, while having better specs?

The complaints about the Dell Inspiron 7567 poor TN screen when the laptop was initially released has been addressed. All Inspiron 7567 models ordered from Dell comes standard with an IPS screen. Resellers like Amazon likely still have the older version with the poor TN screen in stock.

http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-laptops/inspiron-15-7000-gaming/spd/inspiron-15-7567-laptop

As for getting a laptop that is comparable to the Dell in terms of price, specs and battery life.... good luck.

Solution

limitedoak

Prominent
Sep 7, 2017
If you are able to spend an extra $99 I would recommend a gigabyte aero 14 which comes with a 7700HQ CPU, 16gb of 2400mhz DDR4 ram, an upgraded 1060 GPU, a 256gb ssd (if extra storage is required you could always buy a external hard drive) and a huge 94.24 who battery which advertises 10 hours of use but will probably get 7-8 ours when being used for web surfing and 2.5 when gaming

LeFear11

Commendable
May 25, 2016
Also you could wait for the upcoming 7577 with gtx 1060 max q that should come out on the 12th and see how it turns out. It does have a considerably smaller battery(74wh to 56wh) than the 7567 but more muted looks, fast charging capabilities and maybe a better build quality and rigidity(heard from some hands on videos),fingerprint scanner, USB C port with thunderbolt 3(full 40gbps) which basically means you can in the future use external gpus which should extend the life of your laptop.