Need an entylevel gaming laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crassa

Honorable
Jul 27, 2013
1. What is your budget? My budget is around 800$-900$ but I can go a bit higher if the there's a huge difference of specs.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 14-17 inch should be perfect.

3. What screen resolution do you want? Higher than 1366x768

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? I have a desktop and I'm going to sell it to get the money for a laptop. I love my gaming PC but it's too power consuming. And I have college so I need a decent laptop.

5. How much battery life do you need? Atleast 2 hours.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
I mostly play Dota 2 and not a lot of those high end newer games, so it is one of the reasons I'm giving up on my PC. But yes I do need a reasonable graphics card that I can play games such as Dota 2 on high settings easily. Any newer games that I can play on decent quality is a bonus.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Programming, currently Java with Eclipse. Video editing with SonyVegas and a bit of photo editing.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 1TB is a must.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Nothing.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? For a few years atleast. Looking at 3-4 years.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Barely use them. Any works, as long as it have one.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I'm open minded about all of them atm, but I'm looking at ASUS because it's pretty popular where I'm at.

13. What country do you live in? Indonesia

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I'd prefer it to be a newer model than an older one. Haswell if possible. Thanks!
My current PC specs are
i5 3470
ASUS HD7850 2GB v2
ASRock H77M
1TB Wd Blue
8GB Ram

I'm hoping for a laptop that can deliver the same performance but anything that comes close at that price range is good enough for me.

Solution
The specs are not too bad. It should make for a pretty decent laptop for most games using medium settings. RAM is easily upgradeable, so just buy a stick of 4GB laptop RAM and install it yourself. The HDD can be replaced later with a faster HDD or a SSD when you have the money for it.

The actual value depends on the price in your country. In the US I would say that the i5 version of the laptop is a decent deal at around $700.

Crassa

Honorable
Jul 27, 2013
What do you guys think of the "ASUS Notebook X450JF" http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/X450JF/

What I don't like about it is that the version sold at my country has 5400RPM HDD and only 4GB ram.

The specs are not too bad. It should make for a pretty decent laptop for most games using medium settings. RAM is easily upgradeable, so just buy a stick of 4GB laptop RAM and install it yourself. The HDD can be replaced later with a faster HDD or a SSD when you have the money for it.

The actual value depends on the price in your country. In the US I would say that the i5 version of the laptop is a decent deal at around $700.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.