Need Bigger Bass & Louder Speakers

Evolution5k

Estimable
Jul 29, 2014
Hey!
About a year ago I upgraded my gaming PC speakers from the Logitech S120s (yeah, pretty bad) that I got with it to the Logitech Z623. For awhile the speakers+subwoofer was pretty good but now I find myself wanting more bass and louder music.

Too bad I don't know much about audio and how to distinquish the good from the rest, so could use some help. I'd be using the speakers+subwoofer mainly for listening to music from my phone and pc. I do game but likely would rarely use the speakers for that since I have a gaming headset.

Would greatly prefer a speaker pair as opposed to one speaker. Also I'm willing to buy separate speakers and subwoofer but would prefer not to and would like to stay under $400. Any suggestions are really appreciated and if I forgot to mention something just lemme know.

Solution
there is one i can think of close to your budget. it costs 460$ . is is better quality than logitech z623 and 300w
satellites 2x75w and 150w subwoofer
http://www.amazon.com/Edifier-USA-S730-Multimedia-Speaker/dp/B004EOOAXQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1406657464&sr=8-2&keywords=EDIFIER+S530D

S730™ Extreme Power - 2.1 Multimedia Speaker System

also i would recommend dedicated audio to make the most out of it!

chris987

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013
there is one i can think of close to your budget. it costs 460$ . is is better quality than logitech z623 and 300w
satellites 2x75w and 150w subwoofer
http://www.amazon.com/Edifier-USA-S730-Multimedia-Speaker/dp/B004EOOAXQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1406657464&sr=8-2&keywords=EDIFIER+S530D

S730™ Extreme Power - 2.1 Multimedia Speaker System

also i would recommend dedicated audio to make the most out of it!

Solution

Evolution5k

Estimable
Jul 29, 2014
I know that by using more watts it usually means the system can put more or better quality stuff out, in terms of sound and bass. Also know that a 10" is better than my current 7" but just worried if that system will be that much better, especially for the price. Am I worrying for nothing? Thx for the suggestion btw.

chris987

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013

no problem, im using logitech Z 2300, im pretty sutisfied, i've never used them above 75%! i have the feeling my older pc with sound blaster audigy run them better especially at high volumes than my current onboard! edifier is not only better due to higher watts but due to double driver satellite speakers compared to your current single driver.!it also has a digital input!

chris987

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013

well, currently i dont know any 2.1 system with such high watts at that price range. there are better quality though but not on such high power!

iam2thecrowe

Distinguished
Just a note about the "high power" remarks. An efficient speaker driven by 50w can output more volume (dB) than an inefficient speaker powered by 100w. Double the watts does not give double the volume.
http://thehub.musiciansfriend.com/tech-tips/tech-tip-wattage-speaker-efficiency-amplifier-loudness have a read.
Also note that many speakers will give a spec as to the frequency response eg, 50hz - 20khz. But do not state the dB fluctuation. Most decent brand hi-fi speakers will give a spec like 50hz-20khz +-3dB. Some speakers that have a 5" driver will claim 20hz-20khz, they do not state however that although the speaker can produce 20hz it does so at -20dB compared to the upper frequencies. Manufacturers love to throw around specs like watts and frequency response but they do not always give you all the information.