Need deck A/V setup advice...

OrangeDriver

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2011
Currently I am working out the best setup for my deck A/V system, which consists of a 720p projector (which I move inside when not in use), a Brookestone Big Blue Party 360 speaker (for Chromecasting music, and for Bluetoothing the audio from the projector).

I've got a Taotronics 3.5mm to Bluetooth transmitter that I plugged into the 3.5mm audio out of the projector, and I synced that up to the brookstone. The video source is a Chromecast plugged into the HDMI port of the projector.

Unfortunately, I believe converting the audio signal from the HDMI source to the analog 3.5mm to Bluetooth is too much and I get a lag/out of sync A/V. I then tried directly connecting the Brookstone speaker's 3.5mm port to the projector 3.5mm out port, and it got better but is still noticeably laggy.

Is there a trick to get these synced up somehow where I could avoid buying even more equipment? Otherwise, what would be my best purchase to have both an easy music casting experience (I'm an avid Google home/Google play user) and a versatile outdoor stereo speaker system that makes the projector work well?

Strangely, my regular PC speakers connected to the 3.5mm out of the projector seems to work fine, so did I just blow $170 on a brookstone speaker that will only serve one purpose and I'll still have to have a second set of speakers for the projector? Or do I need to try something like a simple amp or receiver that could incorporate the Chromecast and send out the audio right away w/o the audio traveling through the projector?

I'm open to trying things but I've already blown some $$ and gotta keep it simple enough that my wife doesn't care... :p

Solution
Since the PC speakers don't have a problem when wired to the projector but the Brookstone does then at least some of your problem is a delay being generated in that being added to the BT delay. Your transmitter is an AptX low latency model so it's as quick as it gets,.
Try a different BT speaker.
The other option is to use a non bluetooth audio transmitter and receiver with a different powered speaker.
An AV receiver would work but you could try an HDMI input selector with audio extraction to give you an audio output for a powered speaker.
Since the PC speakers don't have a problem when wired to the projector but the Brookstone does then at least some of your problem is a delay being generated in that being added to the BT delay. Your transmitter is an AptX low latency model so it's as quick as it gets,.
Try a different BT speaker.
The other option is to use a non bluetooth audio transmitter and receiver with a different powered speaker.
An AV receiver would work but you could try an HDMI input selector with audio extraction to give you an audio output for a powered speaker.

Solution