Solved! Need gaming laptop but have limited budget

cmd1095

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
Between everything my guess is that I'm looking at a 500 dollar maximum budget right now, once my paycheck from my part time job comes in and I compile all my money I'll have a better idea, but as of this moment I'm going to assume $500 is the limit

What I'm hoping to get isn't very specific, but I do have some specs I'm hoping to have, they're the specs fro what I believe is my most graphic demanding game, so I'm guessing if I can meet those I'll be able to play all my games that I own right now.

Windows XP or Windows 7

3 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor

2 GB System RAM or more

ATI X800 series, NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series, or higher video card

That's the recommended system requirements for the game, so I'm making that my minimum, however if there are laptops within budget that are better than that I am more than willing to go for better specs.

Also in addition to games I want the laptop to be capable of general web usage, the stronger the wireless receiver the better since there are some places I go to frequently that have nothing but a very weak xfinity signal available. My current laptop can barely use it with a reception booster attached

battery life is unimportant, so long as it lasts long enough for me to unplug it and move to another outlet. Also I'll be using my old laptop for work purposes since it does well enough on everything but the games, so I don't need anything along those lines. This one will be just games and internet with maybe profile pictures and a few other random files here and there.

Does anyone know of what laptop models and whatnot match the above requirements? If not I can always wait until my budget is a little larger, I don't need the new laptop right away since my current one handles most things, it just can't do video games (at all, it crashes on facebook apps)

Oh and I expect more money will come in from my family before the Christmas season ends, so actually the budget is a bit more flexible than $500... but I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch so for now lets assume that my budget is as stated