Solved! Need great laptop, $3000 budget

zomglol

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2010
Hey guys, I am looking to buy a laptop for college next year. I am an aspiring 3d artist, cinema editor, and web designer (as well as a hardcore gamer).

I need a laptop that can handle applications like Maya, 3ds max, and photoshop (all open at the same time) so I'm thinking at least 8gb of ram

Also obviously need great video card (prefer nvidia, never used ati) and maybe a quad core processor, at least 1.7ghz i5 or i7?

Also need at least 500 gb hard drive; monitor size doesnt really matter as long as its at least 15 inches and has an external connection so I can hook up my 22 inch monitor as a second screen.

trying to stay under $2500, but up to 3000 is do-able.

i need it to last all four years preferably too if possible

Any suggestions? i'm willing to compromise if 3,000 can't get that.

I appreciate the help

Matt

Solution

IsabellaWinTeam

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010

Hi Matt,

You should look into the Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q880. It has a 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7-740QM processor, 4 GB of RAM, and 500 GB of hard drive space. It also has NVIDIA GeForce GTS 460M graphics. I think it will really suit your needs and it is definitely within your budget at $1599.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Isabella
MSFT Windows Outreach Team

Solution

zomglol

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2010

Thanks for the input. That looks pretty good but I'm so used to 8 gb ram that I think I'll have to get 8; also found out that I'm going to probably wait until the summer time to get one so hopefully there will be newer/cheaper models out there.

Thanks again!

IsabellaWinTeam

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010

Hi there,

You're welcome! I am happy to help. Let me know if any other questions come up.

Cheers,
Isabella
MSFT Windows Outreach Team

Did you even look at Clevo X7200 which i posted?

zomglol

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2010

Yes, thank you. That looks pretty good, I don't get all the OEM stuff though and it seems only external sound?

Also a little concerned about 12 gb ram being so cheap

Other than that seems great

TRENDING THREADS