need help asap

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Alisa_1

Commendable
Mar 29, 2016
my laptop is an ASUS e402ma model, i was using it and it was all fine and dandy till it decided to sleep and not turn on, i tried rebooting it with the 5 second hold on the on button and then it completely shut down, it does not turn on nor does it show a light when i plug in my charger, i am in desperate need of help right now please please help me, i have tried to do the take out the battery thing but i cant seem to pry anything open at all, LIKE THE KEY BOARD IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET UNDER THE HAIR LINE OF A CRACK, so i dont even think it is possible to get it out, PLEASE i am begging anyone at all please help me, i have an ITEC assignment due next tuesday and i didnt back up anything

Solution
Check the cable of the power supply. I cut through a cable with an rolling office chair, the hard caster cut it. Also, I have two power supplies cut by lazy-boy chair foot rests. It may look okay, but, by running your hand the length of the cable you may find a nick, it may be shorting out. If thats the issue, its an easy buy on ebay, or you may be able to splice the cut temporarily.

Knowmansoul

Commendable
Mar 30, 2016
Check the cable of the power supply. I cut through a cable with an rolling office chair, the hard caster cut it. Also, I have two power supplies cut by lazy-boy chair foot rests. It may look okay, but, by running your hand the length of the cable you may find a nick, it may be shorting out. If thats the issue, its an easy buy on ebay, or you may be able to splice the cut temporarily.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS